Saturday, September 15, 2007

Palm might as well close.

Normally I have something interesting to post here, but I just haven't been in the mood for a while, the whole experience with the Foleo has really made me think about Palm as a company and about their devices.

I keep looking at some of the new devices coming out of the HTC camp, they have mobile office machines, machines that boot both win mobile, and vista, phones with features, making advances in features, and looks. What has Palm done?

Let's think about this... the last /amazing/ palm PDA was the Lifedrive and they fucked it up! It was slow, it crashed, the screen was fucking beautiful, and teh wifi worked, but all in all it sucked.

The last smartphone Palm released was the Treo 650. Guess what!? Handspring designed it.

Palm has now lost my business, there has been just too many mistakes in recent years, and I honestly don't think it's worth supporting a platform that is quickly becoming a second class OS. Windows mobile has improved to the point that it is something that can be used by a non windows fan now, even a die hard Mac friend of mine has jumped ship away from his Palm to a HTC device and he says you can work around the bugs in windows now. :)

Going over my software list, there are one or two applications I can't find the equiv for under windows, but those are getting so few and far between that I am making the jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment